Comic Book Pin Ups
The Art of Sex Appeal through Pose and Expression
In this demonstration, Joe Benitez unveils the secrets of drawing alluring comic book style pin-up characters. Sex appeal and allure is conveyed through many methods including stylized proportions, foreshortening, twists and curves. The importance of facial expression is also discussed in the context of conveying the right mood or emotion, along how this ties the character together.
Duration: 152 minutes
Format: HD 1280x720
- 01. Introduction
- 02. Quick Preliminary Figure Sketches
- 03. Quick Faces
- 04. Reclining Figures
- 05. Emphasizing Emotion with the Pose
- 06. Standing Figure "Cute Girl"
- 07. Basic Facial Expression
- 08. Using Curves to Explore Pose
- 09. Multiple Figure Composition
- 10. Sex Appeal
- 11. Action Pose I
- 12. Action Pose II
- 13. Crawling Figure "Vampirella"
- 14. Standing Figure "Bad-Ass Chick"
- 15. Quick Preliminary Expression Sketches
- 16. Conveying Anger in the Male Face
- 17. Conveying Anger in the Female Face
- 18. Drawing the Default Face at Various Angles
- 19. A Range of Emotion in the Default Face
- 20. A Range of Emotion in the Profile Face
- 21. A Range of Emotion - Low and High Angles